Monday, July 18, 2005

bloop

yeah, titles are dumb. why do they put that at the beginning? anyhoo, result of gridley invite? meh. the work project got over early and not many out-of-towners showed up, but there was a ton of volleyball! unfortunately, it was grass courts and i had to wear long pants and it was 90 degrees out. but it was still fun. and i was pleasantly surprised to see kent levy, ben schlipf, and ryan graf there! i hadn't seen them since my last visit to purdue or possibly college weekend. and somehow my feet got really dirty from playing volleyball. i should have had someone take a picture of it; it was really weird. people were calling me names (it's normal), the most popular being "hobbit" and my favorite being "huck finn" (i rolled up my jeans just a little so i wouldn't trip on them). i also met morgan langhofer from phoenix but right now he's volunteer coordinator at gateway woods. i wish i could have come out there this summer, morgan, but this class has me tied down! he's a great guy, i recommend getting to know him.
then on sunday, after they all left, david and i went to hang out with the lovely brad and patti hodel family from roanoke including a meal at everyone's favorite restaurant: chili's. we played a game called "curses!" later, it was full of pirates/mr t/scooby doo/drill sergeant craziness. craziness, heh, that's the only way to describe that game. that's what it is.
i suppose this is lengthy enough and i'm sure you all have other blogs to read so i won't keep you any longer. updates to come later in the week! oh yes, the title. i still don't know what to put for that.

ciao

5 Comments:

Blogger megs said...

well "huck finn" that has to be the worst time i've ever seen! ok so maybe not, but you COULDA come up W/ something creative. i'm VERY dissapointed in you!

1:33 AM  
Blogger scott said...

hey, i don't control what names people make up for me. point-in-case: scottie-pants. i rest my case.

1:37 AM  
Blogger megs said...

oh HAHA!! i was calling you huck finn and then say that "bloop" was a bad name!! oh the confusion!!

8:28 AM  
Blogger scott said...

you'd better hope david doesn't read this! he'd be sad. and i deny anything with pleather pants.

12:36 AM  
Blogger Morgan said...

How the world did you find me so stinking fast?!?! I mean, I know I didn't tell you my handle and no one who was there this weekend knew it either! All in all, I'm impressed. BTW, thanks for the reccomendation. The feeling's mutual; fun was had, friends were made. :) later days!

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Urbana, Illinois, United States

i'm a Christian that is still learning to give God control and does not like to capitalize unless absolutely necessary.

Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Google


Powered by Blogger