Wednesday, November 09, 2005

conditioning

first of all, last weekend's testimonies and baptisms were fantastic. anyone that was there knows. it was a fantabulous weekend filled with friends, fun, and faith. our pictionary team won, but there wasn't any picture of us to show for it. good times, good times.

so i've started my training for the snowboarding season. it's a long hard road. on tuesday, i ran. and ran. and ran. i ran until i couldn't run any more. then i rested and ran back. turns out, i ran two miles. one way. four miles total. it was pretty extreme for someone who has almost never run before.

when i wake up in the morning, i usually hit one rung on the way down the ladder to turn off the alarm. this morning, i bounced off the rung and landed on the floor and almost just collapsed. i had to hold on to the ladder to support myself. i barely reached over to the radio to turn it off and then fell into my chair. my calves were killing me! they hurt all day so i figured i'd better tone it down some so i just ran 2 miles today. i had been planning on doing stairs on friday, but i got talked out of it since it was such a calf killing exercise. i'll wait a couple weeks until my calves can take the daily exercise.

i need to start doing crunches and push-ups too. i'm going soft. i'm getting kinda fluffy around the midsection. have you seen me? i'm like an inverse hourglass.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

remember to stretch AFTER you run scottie

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well in scott's case he needs to put on the weight... not loose it. but snowboarders need to be strong in the legs and stomach.

1:11 PM  
Blogger scott said...

and neck. my neck is always sore after snowboarding. i don't know why. maybe because i'm always looking out for other people.

ayren~ my radio is my alarm clock. i have it set to 88.1 and the radio kicks on as the alarm. pretty nifty, i never sleep through it. except for tuesday morning...probably because i had only been sleeping for an hour.

traci~ whatever happened to your blog? you can't give up on it after luke linked to it from his blog. that's the easy way out. keep at it!

1:28 PM  
Blogger scott said...

if you had a stereo like mine, you wouldn't have thrown it away. it's real nice. i got it when i graduated high school. they make much better ones now, but i still like mine; it's treated me well.

2:14 PM  
Blogger scott said...

leaving on the 17th for 4 days at copper. and the fluff around my middle is my secondary reason for doing it.

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you didn't REAllY win pictionary, muhahaha. And I think the training needs to pick up a bit. Just running won't cut it.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Urbana, Illinois, United States

i'm a Christian that is still learning to give God control and does not like to capitalize unless absolutely necessary.

Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Google


Powered by Blogger