Friday, January 06, 2006

i want a second opinion

yeah, i slept before the flight. a little less than two hours and i still got up in time. i made it back safely. had a fun lunch on thursday and watched a great illinois basketball game thursday night!

today. today started ok. got up earlier than i prefer. waited for an hour at the doctor's office. and then he gives me the worst news ever. my heart "is probably normal" but my heart palpitations are the result of: (silence, please).....


























caffeine. yeah. my liquid diet is killing me. i trusted it to keep me awake through long nights and what does it do? it stabs me in the back...of the heart. apparently i've been experiencing caffeine highs. he wants me to go cold turkey. i say no way. i'll have to wean myself, but i don't think i'll ever be able to give it up. the day has not been going well after that, but it's getting better.

3 Comments:

Blogger natz said...

aw, scottie. i'm sorry to hear that. what are you going to do without your dew and coffee? at least it's not something... completely life threatening, right?

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott, Caffeine will get you every time. Sounds like you need to lay low on the liquid diet, and enjoy more real food.

Your Cuz in Texas...Timothy

11:38 AM  
Blogger jw said...

I'm going to have to come out for a couple of days and throw all the caffenine out of that place. Honestly though, it would be good to come down for another visit, although last time, I came home and left for vacation and didn't come back for a few months. Hope you can back off quickly of that stuff and things improve.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Urbana, Illinois, United States

i'm a Christian that is still learning to give God control and does not like to capitalize unless absolutely necessary.

Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Google


Powered by Blogger