Monday, February 13, 2006

untitled

remember when i said how much God is teaching me? well, it's been less than a week and it seems my whole world has changed. i don't want to go into any detail on my blog, but i'll set up a scenario for you:

i'm on top of a spiritual mountain. i can't see any other mountains higher than me. i'm feeling great! then i decide to look down at my feet and i see that i'm not on the mountain anymore, but a cloud and it's starting to dissipate. as i'm watching, it disappears altogether and i fall into a deep, deep valley. i sit and cry about my wounds for awhile, but then i see another mountain. it's higher and steeper than the one i was just on. do i climb the mountain i was just on because the new one looks hard or do i try this new mountain anyway? i choose the new one because i don't want to fall off that cloud again. i pick myself up and start climbing and soon i've already climbed higher than the previous mountain and i still have much farther to go. i can't even see the peak, but the thought of it excites me. looking back, i can see that i was on that other mountain for a reason: to fall and be broken in the valley. without being in that valley, i would not have seen the bigger mountain. this has truly been a fantastical adventure.

4 Comments:

Blogger megs said...

Wow!! sounds like you've got some work ahead of you scottiepants... but i'm glad your excited about it!! i'm excited that you're excited!! hey, have you heard anything more about job stuff yet??

10:59 PM  
Blogger jw said...

yea, I'd like to know too (about the job). will be prayin.
and amen, speaking of myself, if I ever can't see any other mountains higher than the one I'm on, I know I'm about to fall because for me I'm either satisfied with where I'm at or just plain proud (even at the peaks, in fact especially there) of how God's using me. and then of course I'm going to be falling because God resists the proud, and he knows that if I can't handle the peak in humility, I need to be humbled. I know that's not exactly how you meant it, just wanted to share what God's been teaching for awhile now. God bless!

9:13 AM  
Blogger scott said...

meg~ thanks for your excitement as well! i haven't heard anything about any job yet. it's all in God's timing.

justin~ God knows i needed to be humbled too. and i'm glad i fell, because on top of that foothill, i had nowhere else to go.

beeg~ thanks for the smile...

kup~ isu? i'll consider it. there's rumors of an after party at the T house. and marriage? that would be like climbing a wall of ice. i'm not that high on my mountain yet. i'm still among the trees.

7:12 PM  
Blogger scott said...

you'd better get it done. natalie has invited us over for supper before the Bible study so you'd better bust your hump with that translation.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Urbana, Illinois, United States

i'm a Christian that is still learning to give God control and does not like to capitalize unless absolutely necessary.

Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Google


Powered by Blogger