Monday, July 24, 2006

pinchy

yeah, it was a fantastic weekend! friday started off with looking at houses to rent in bloomington-normal. they were pretty small, but one stood out from the rest. it was a brick 3-bedroom house in northwest normal. really close to the crossings, looks pretty nice. still waiting on word from my potential roomies...

later friday was a Bible study at natalie and wendy's given by byron stoller based mostly on philippians 4 and the topic of true rejoicing. no astonishingly new revelations, but it was a good reminder (matthew 21:17). afterwards, there was much chatting around the table until the wee hours. (i hope someone used and appreciated the ping-pong supplies.)

saturday marked the start of my family vacation weekend. we all met at matthiessen state park for hiking and a picnic. after lunch, the hiking turned a little more extreme for kyle and i as we crossed in uncharted territory across the stream. my most dangerous moment was holding on to an exposed tree root to travel across a rock face. i had a small shelf to put my feet on, but not big enough to travel without my hands holding on to something. i was about 15 feet above the water (2 feet deep) and i travelled horizontally about 12 feet. a few members of my family looked on.

later that evening, we dined at red lobster. since my parents footed the bill, neal and i split a lobster, crab legs, and some jumbo shrimp. both of us have had shrimp before, but the crab legs and lobster was new. it was fantastic, but i still think shrimp is a better seafood (according to my taste buds). the evening rounded out with chips, salsa, dark m&m's, cookies, etc...and less than quality sleep.

sunday church was spent in bradford where part of the wettstein family managed to fill an entire bench (as usual). after church, we went to les and barb fehr's and swam in their pool and talked about show chickens(?). supper was enjoyed by all at pizza hut italian bistro and then some tearful goodbye's as chad, janice and sons headed back up across the border.

the rest of the evening, i spent at natalie's with natalie, traci and neal playing true colors, which included a trip down memory lane. i finally made it back to my apartment around 1:30. i found a couple new vomit splotches on the pavement (courtesy of our under-neighbors and their guests) and this morning i discovered the back tire of my bike badly bent. investigations are ongoing and no suspects have been questioned yet.

enough about me. how was your weekend?

10 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

A bent bike wheel? That is really annoying. Sounds like a good weekend though. I have decided that it is not and adventure if there is no chance of death involved, and your hike sounds like that.

My weekend story will soon be available for public consumption.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

I got to see Les Mis this weekend...yeah, it pretty much rocked.

4:38 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

I went to Michigan this weekend. It was great thanks for asking.

6:58 PM  
Blogger natz said...

I was at the Bible Study at my house.

I slept in until 10:45 Saturday morning and then went to Cissna Park for the invite.

I returned home around 6 and began watching "Notting Hill." Quite possibly has become one of my top faves. I also took a journey down memory lane. Quite a trip. Realized how very blessed I am to have had Jesus Christ on my side and to realize good friends can still be good friends if they allow the Lord to work.

Thanks for asking.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Morgan said...

I got to spend a whole bunch of money that wasn't mine buying stuff for Gateway on Saturday. Sunday evening was spent with part of the YG, which was good times as usual. I did learn that I'm not gonna be housesitting, which stinks 'cuz I coulda used the money, but it's all good.

4:00 PM  
Blogger jw said...

It was good, I went to a great Culture/Relation Study of Islam that Brent Rocke gave at my aunt and uncle's in Roanoke. Otherwise, I would have been at your BS Nat. Sorry again.

4:09 PM  
Blogger jw said...

It was good, I went to a great Culture/Relation Study of Islam that Brent Rocke gave at my aunt and uncle's in Roanoke. Otherwise, I would have been at your BS Nat. Sorry again.

Oh yea, and what's with looking for a place in Normal?? Are you moving here (I'm guessing this is old news but enlighten me)

4:10 PM  
Blogger Morgan said...

I really wish the term "Bible study" had a different acronym...

10:47 AM  
Blogger megs said...

went to atlanta and hung out w/ the lindberg's for a few days and spent LOTS of time on the road. also managed to stop by an aquarium to burn some time and wait 4 1/2 hours for pizza! i'm REALLY excited about you and daVID being closer than last year, now we can have our "single and surviving" potluck!! :D

11:05 AM  
Blogger scott said...

seven unique commenters and not one comment on the fact that my scripture reference has nothing to do with the Bible study topic. i can't decide if you all just took my word for it that it pertained and didn't bother to look it up yourself or you did look it up and notice its irrelevance, but were too lazy to mention it.

you know? that little experiment was kind of fun!

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Urbana, Illinois, United States

i'm a Christian that is still learning to give God control and does not like to capitalize unless absolutely necessary.

Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Google


Powered by Blogger